1. Movie Time!! - When I'm just feeling very blahhhh which I think I feel way more than sad or depressed..I love curling up and watching my favorite disney movie. Not just any disney movie though...a really REALLY good disney movie. Like Mulan!!! Something that is motivational and has a really happy ending.. and of course it wouldn't be complete without your favorite comfort food!! (Mine is my mother's spaghetti <3)
2. Family Reunion!!! - Okay, maybe not literally, but definitely spending a couple of hours with the parents helps for sure. Some people are not as fortunate to spend time with their family so if not, then your best friends or your lover will do just fine ;) I love spending time with my mom or dad and just sitting down for a good talk when I need some inspiration, or just even some words of advice!
3. Cuddles - I don't think there's anyone on this planet that comforts me more when I'm at my saddest than my cat Instine. When someone I loved very much died in my family he was one of the first people I turned to, and I just couldn't wait to get home, and cuddle him, and listen to him purr on my chest. Animals really do listen, and your pet grows to love you. They know when you're sad, and their way better at listening than trying to make you happy when you're just not ready.
4. Exercise - I hate/love exercise. I guess it really just depends on where I go.. I love hiking, and I love riding tread mills. Especially when I go to the gym with my husband or friends, because they give me the motivation to do better. So when I walk out of the gym, and I'm hot, red, and sweaty; I look in the mirror and think about how much skinnier I'm going to look when I wake up in the morning. Plus exercise helps you sleep at night a lot better. <3
5. Give thanks - For me, I think it's super important to have a relationship with God. Sometimes when I'm in my car and I'm cruising down the road, or I'm in church I like to sit and think about all the wonderful things God has given me in my life, because for me it's a reflection about how much he really loves me, and I don't mean just the big things like having a good husband, a "perfect" child, and a wonderful family home. I like to thank God for the things I take for granted like the air I breathe, my vision to see all the beautiful things he has made, my hearing to listen to nature and all the different things around me, my healthy legs to walk, run, jump, my mouth so I can speak, sing, laugh ect..it's really nice, and a lot of things that I take for granted..there's a lot of people that don't have those things.
6. shop til you drop - I LOVE shopping. I think this is probably one of my very guilty pleasures because unlike most people I take shopping to a whole other level. I know this might not be a healthy thing to cheer me up, but it DEFINITELY makes me happy. I shop anywhere I think I can find a bargain or that I thing they have a lot of stuff, I would shop until I had zero money left if it weren't for my husband to keep me in check lol.
7. go exploring - I don't think there is anything that cures being depressed more than hiking. Hiking, caving, exploring taverns, and lakes is definitely the best remedy ;) There's nothing like being out in nature and listening to the birds, the squirrels, and crickets while walking through a sunny meadow and breathing in that fresh forest air. It gives you a different view and helps you not to concentrate on something that's not going right in your life.
8. music time! - Music is probably the best thing for me to listen to when I'm angry. I just blast some feel good music, even if it's old 90's beats and I crank it up as loud as I can and just sing my heart out. I don't care whose watching me in my car, I just blast it and have a good time.
9. comedians - I don't really mean literally because strangely enough comedians don't really laugh. I think they say clever things all the time but that's about it. The best person to make me laugh is my best friend Arturo. When I just need to call someone and have a good laugh he's always there for that. So whoever makes you laugh the most. Go to them and just have some fun laughing! :)
10. youtube - watching videos on youtube (depending on your mood) has always been one of my favorite ways to go from feelings bad to feeling better. There are so many different things out there to watch and it's fun and awesome.
Anyhoo this is just what I do when I'm feeling down. When I'm feeling at my highest moment blahhh - I shop. When I'm feeling at my highest moment sad - I cuddle, when I feel at my highest moment depressed - I go hiking/swimming, when I'm feeling at my highest moment angry (sometimes) I blast upbeat music. I hope this helps you! :D